This support note applies to:
- AE Assets (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise Assets (AE Assets) you may experience the following error "Year start dates for the current year do not match between this Assets ledger and the General Ledger. Assets cannot open in the normal way" when opening an AE Assets ledger.
This message can occur when the Regional and Language Options on your workstation are not set to English (Australia) and the Short Date of dd/mm/yyyy.
If the error still occurs after the update of the Regional Settings you will need to submit a support request and attach your data to be repaired.
- At the Windows desktop from the Start menu, select Control Panel. The Control Panel window appears.
- Double click Regional and Language Options. The Regional and Language window appears.
- On the Regional Options tab select English (Australia) in field under Standards and Formats and ensure that the Short Date field appears in the format dd/mm/yyyy then click OK. The Regional and Language Options are now updated.
For details refer to Identifying the file name/s for an Accounts ledger
For details refer to Backing up a MAS ledger using System Release
MYOB INTERNAL STAFF ONLY
When an AST file is integrated with a MAS ledger, that is, not MYOB AE Accounts, to refresh the link and resolve the error:
- Create a new AST ledger using a new code and select the Duplicate option. Duplicate the problematic AST ledger to the new code. For more details refer to Duplicating an Assets ledger in MYOB Accountants Enterprise
- Highlight the existing AST ledger and from the File menu, select Delete. The Delete Item window appears.
- Click All data. The original AST ledger is deleted.
- Create a new AST ledger using the original code and select the Duplicate option. Duplicate the ledger created at step 1 back to the original code. The new ledger is created and the links to the MAS ledger are established fresh.