This support note applies to:
- AO Tax (NZ)
- AO Practice Manager (NZ)
- AO Classic Practice Management (AU)
- AO Classic (NZ)
In MYOB Accountants Office (AO) Classic you may experience the following error, "The MYOB Tax Manager service is not running. The MYOB Tax Manager service must be started before AO Classic can be accessed" when opening AO Classic.
This error may occur after the server has been restarted and is caused by the Tax Manager service (used by both AO Classic and AO Tax Manager) not starting automatically. This may be because the server machine is busy with other tasks at startup, and so the Tax Manager service does not start in a timely manner.
To resolve this error, perform the following steps:
- Start the Tax Manager service on the server and
- Change the startup parameters of the service may ensure the service starts after any future server reboot.
- From the Start menu navigate to: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. The Services dialog box opens.
- Scroll down and locate MYOB Tax Manager Service. The MYOB Tax Manager Service is located.
- Right click on MYOB Tax Manager Service and select Properties. The MYOB Tax Manager Service Properties window opens.
- From the General tab, click Start to start the service. The service should start and Service status change to Started.
Perform the following steps from within MYOB Tax Manager Service Properties as noted in the steps above:
- From the General tab click on the Startup type drop down list and select Automatic (Delayed Start). The Automatic (Delayed Started) is selected.
- From the Recovery tab click on the First failure drop down list and select Restart the Service. The Restart the Service is selected.
- Repeat the above Step 2 for the Second failure and Third failure drop down lists.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog.