This support note applies to:
- AE Tax Series 6 & 8 (AU)
- AE Tax (AU)
- AO Tax (AU)
MYOB Accountants Enterprise/Accountant Office version 5.4.40 install includes software called New Relic. We'll be using New Relic to monitor system performance in the Client accounting module in MYOB AE/AO. The telemetry is collected to improve the usability of Client Accounting.
How does it work?
New Relic will be installed on your server and workstations when installing MYOB AE 5.4.40 and later versions.
When you perform certain tasks in client accounting, the time and performance of those tasks are automatically sent to MYOB for monitoring and analysis.
For example, we will monitor the performance when a user performs the following tasks:
- navigating to the client accounting tab,
- opening or adding workpaper periods, or
- posting a journal.
We'll be adding more tasks in the future.
What data is collected?
We'll be collecting the data of performance and time taken to complete tasks. We'll not be collecting any other data like email addresses, names, ledger details, etc.
This data will be auto-destroyed after 38 days.
Can I disable New Relic?
Yes, you need to call MYOB Support and we can disable it for you.
To disable New Relic:
- Go to the Centra/Deploy folder on the server and workstations.
- Open the clientframework.config file in Notepad.
- Find NewRelic.AgentEnabled and change the value to False.
- You'll need to do this on every workstation and server where the client wants to disable New Relic.