This support note applies to:
- AE Assets (AU)
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) MAS, Accounts and Assets, before you can begin a new year you'll need to perform a few Year End procedures for each client ledger. As these procedures can only be performed on a per-ledger basis and not in bulk, it's common to perform these tasks when you're ready to begin preparing your client's accounts for the new year.
Rolling forward an Assets ledger
Before you begin a new year, always make sure you take a backup of the AE Assets ledger prior to rolling forward to a new year.
The back-up procedure differs depending on how you access Assets:
- If you're an AE Accounts user you'll need to perform the backup using Client Compliance.
- If you're using standalone Assets or MAS, you'll use System Release as your backup facility.
Detailed instructions on how to back up an assets ledger can be found in Backing up an Assets ledger. This article applies to both of the above scenarios.
- Open the AE Assets ledger and follow the menu path: Functions > Year End Rollover. The Year End Rollover screen appears.
Click in the check boxes for Asset register finalised for this year, including depreciation and I have a current backup of this asset register fields and click Next. The message "Year end rollover in progress" and when complete the screen appears with the message "Year end rollover has been successful".If the ledger is not integrated, the date structure for the New Year appears. Ensure the date structure is correct then click Next and continue. The message "Year end rollover in progress" and when complete the screen appears with the message "Year end rollover has been successful".
- Click Finish. The main assets screen appears.
- Click the Close box to close Assets. Assets closes and you are either returned to your accounting ledger or to the System Services ledger list.
Rolling forward a client ledger
Always take a backup of the ledger prior to balancing forward as there is no roll-back function. For information on how to backup your MAS ledger, refer to Backing up a MAS ledger using System Release.
- From within System Release, select the AE MAS ledger and press Enter. The AE MAS ledger appears.
From the Setup menu, select Next Period. The Year End Balance Forward screen appears.Ensure the dates appearing in the New Period fields are correct.
- Click OK. The year-end routine proceeds and the message "Balance forward complete" appears.
- Click OK. The MAS ledger appears.
Always take a backup of the ledger prior to balancing forward. For information on how to backup your AE Accounts ledger, refer to Backing up ledgers and creating work files in AE Accounts.
- From the Tools menu, select Year Close. The Year End Wizard screen appears.
Click the radio button for either Interim Close or Final Close as appropriate and click Next. The comparatives title screen appears.If you selected Final Close then the wizard continues and requires you to select whether you have a backup or you would like to do a backup now. Select the appropriate option and click Next. The comparatives title screen appears.
- Type a title for future reference to the comparative figures and click Finish. The Year Close is complete and the Accounts main screen appears. The year-end routine is now complete for both the Assets and accounting ledgers. You can now commence work for the new year.