This support note applies to:
- AE Tax (AU)
These instructions require technical expertise
Make sure you know what you're doing and are using one of the products listed. If you're not sure, ask your IT professional or MYOB.
In MYOB Accountants Enterprise (AE) Tax you may experience the following scenario's when opening a tax return:
- A blank screen appears;
- A blank screen appears with no labels for a specific tax year or
- Parts of the layout of the tax return are missing.
To resolve these issues, you'll need to transfer the parameter tables and layouts to SQL.
This routine should only be run under the supervision or advice of MYOB Support. We recommend contacting the support team to determine if this method will resolve your issue.
Before you begin,
- Ensure all users have exited AE Tax.
- We recommend that you take a backup prior to running this routine. For more details refer to
|If you use only System release refer to||If you use MYOB AE refer to|
|Backing up Accountants Enterprise Tax using System Release.||Backing up the MYOB Accountants Enterprise database|
From the Windows Desktop, click the Start menu then follow the menu path: All Programs > MYOB Accountants Enterprise > System Release.
Log into System Release as a user with level 6* security access. If you do not have these logon details you can log in using the User code SUPERVIS and the password S6. Then click OK.
Highlight the folder description Ledgers and press Enter.If the Folders window does not appear, click the Administration heading on the Tasks panel, then click the Folders link.
- Right-click the affected tax year's ledger, for example AE Tax 2017, then select Properties.
- Click the Options tab and type /s in the Command field. Then click OK.
- Double-click the affected tax year's ledger, for example AE Tax 2017, and then press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Click OK to the message "These routines should only be run under the supervision of support" appears.
- On the menu displayed, select the following options: 5. Other Utilities > 4. Transport files > Transport layouts to SQL. The message "Warning All users must be out of Tax. Ensure that you have a reliable backup before performing this procedure." appears. Click OK.
- Once the files have been transferred, on the menu displayed select the following options: 5. Other Utilities > 4. Transport Files > 3. Transport Parameter table to SQL. The message "Warning All users must be out of Tax. Ensure that you have a reliable backup before performing this procedure." appears. Click OK.
- Once the procedure is completed, press Esc on the keyboard to exit the Support Routines.
- Right-click the affected tax year's ledger and select Properties.
- Click the Options tab and delete the /s in the Command field, then click OK.
You may now close System Release and open a Tax Return.