This support note applies to:
- AO Document Manager (AU)
- AO Document Manager (NZ)
- AE Document Manager (NZ)
- PDF Manager (AU)
- AE Document Manager (AU)
- PDF Manager (NZ)
In MYOB PDF Manager if you are receiving an error when opening the software or receiving errors within PDF Manager, you may be asked to un-install and re-install PDF Manager.
PDF Manager is a standalone application and is installed separately on each machine that uses it. If you have more than one network license for PDF Manager, the license file is stored on a network location and shared by each workstation as a standalone installation.
Perform the following instructions on the affected workstation:
- Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard. The Run command appears.
In the Open field, type appwiz.cpl then click OK. The Programs and Features window appears.
- Right-click on MYOB PDF Manager 1.x (where 1.x is the version of PDF Manager that is installed) and choose Uninstall/Change.
Once Windows has finished uninstalling PDF Manager, the program will disappear from the Uninstall or change a program listing. You can then close the Programs and Features window.
- Download the latest release of PDF Manager from the my.MYOB Product Downloads page, Australia or New Zealand.
- Re-install or perform a new installation of PDF Manager on the workstation. For information on installing PDF manager, refer to the installation guide available on the my.MYOB Product Downloads page, Australia or New Zealand.
The process to license PDF Manager after it has been re-installed or installed for the first time depends on whether the workstation is a standalone machine or part of a network.
Ensure that you use the instructions that reflect the setup you are using:
|If you're using...|
|Single PC or Standalone License||If you are licensed for a standalone or single PC, contact MYOB. The licencing team will provide you with a new PDF Manager registration code|
|Workstations or Network Licence||If you are re-installing PDF manager on a workstation in a network environment, after the installation, when you first open PDF Manager you'll need to tell it where your existing licence is located on the network. To determine your license location, refer to the instructions in Task 4 below.|
Perform the following instructions from a workstation that can open PDF Manager:
- Open PDF Manager and from the Help drop-down menu select License PDF Manager. The Licence MYOB PDF Manager window opens.
- It the Save to field, note the full file path. The location of your license file has been noted.
- Open PDF Manager on the machine that has had the software installed. The Register Software screen appears.
- At the Locate existing license field, click the ellipses [...] button and navigate to the path file noted in Step 2. The location of the license file is accessed.
- Highlight the PDFmgr.lic file and click Open. The Register Sofware screen returns and the location of the license file appears in the Locate existing license field.
- Click OK. The PDF Manager installation is now licensed.